Natural Resources Council of Maine
Donor Engagement Manager
Augusta, MEJob Description
The Donor Engagement Manager is responsible for all in-house logistics related to running NRCM’s Katahdin Circle ($1,000+ donors). This is a project manager and leader with an eye on multiple deadlines at once who demonstrates strong follow-through and accountability.
They are responsible for planning, drafting, and executing mailings, organizing the annual President’s Luncheon, communicating the impact of NRCM’s work to major donors, and tracking and analyzing donor giving. Additionally, they are a team member, helping to support the Chief Executive Officer, Leadership Giving Director, and other fundraisers and participating in NRCM’s communication with members.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will be posted until filled.
• Manage annual Katahdin Circle program workplan and 5-year calendar for reaching goals established by the strategic plan, and including quarterly status reports.
• Draft written communications to Katahdin Circle members, including monthly renewal letters, quarterly news updates, annual impact assessment, event-related communications, and other program materials.
• Manage data entry protocol enforcement and analysis for Katahdin Circle activities and metrics; execute segmented testing and surveys of membership as needed.
• Lead annual luncheon event planning and lead or support on multiple small and mid-sized events throughout the year.
• Manage the pipeline identification process for prospective Katahdin Circle members.
• Manage proposal and reporting calendar for mid-level and major donors under proposal management.
• Create, update and implement an annual donor stewardship calendar.
• Five years or more in a donor-centric fundraising role or other position with transferable skills. Experience with managing an annual fundraising calendar and/or annual fund fundraising is preferred.
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge NXT or other CRM.
• Team player.
• Strong project management and administrative skills.
• Demonstrated project management experience is a plus.
• Willingness to occasionally travel throughout the state and work weekends.
• Commitment to environmental values.
Working at NRCM
As Maine’s leading environmental advocacy organization, the Natural Resources Council of Maine attracts dedicated, knowledgeable, and dynamic people committed to leading efforts to keep Maine a special place.
Our work environment is friendly, fun, cooperative, and fast-paced as we work in coalition with other nonprofit organizations, business and community leaders, elected officials, NRCM members, and the public at-large to improve the quality of Maine’s environment.
NRCM is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff. We are also committed to ensuring that our staff members actively work on diversity and inclusion in the field. This work is supported by staff policy, training, and mentoring, and through fostering an organization that prioritizes fairness and respect.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Last Day to Apply
The position will be posted until filled.
Lewiston, MEJob Description
Are you a creative, strategic leader, passionate about non-profit work? If so, we want you on our team! The Dempsey Center is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization providing a unique opportunity to serve and support cancer impacted communities in Maine and beyond. The ideal candidate has strong strategic skills in fundraising, relationship cultivation and stewardship, major gifts, and grant management.
As the Development Director, you will supervise, execute, and evaluate all development activities and strategies for the organization including but not limited to annual fund, major gifts, corporate and foundation giving and planned gifts, online giving, fundraising, and other special events including our Dempsey Challenge. You will also research and identify new revenue sources and oversee grant writing.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and oversees four staff. The Development Director also serves as staff liaison to the Development Committee of the Dempsey Center's Board of Directors.
Required - Minimum of eight years of experience in non-profit fundraising and donor solicitation with progressive responsibility; experience leading capital campaigns and major gifts programs, with an understanding of the Maine, Regional, and National markets; experience working collaboratively with and managing a team of employees to complete tasks in a timely manner and in a fast-paced environment.
Desired: Experience with celebrity fundraising strategies and planned giving a plus. Member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and its New England Chapter.
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, health services, social services, non-profit leadership, or communications.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Valid Maine driver’s license is required.
• Exceptional communication skills (speaking, reading, writing, active listening, presentation, etc.)
• Effective analytical, financial and budgetary skills, including proficiency with spreadsheet software
• Demonstrated organizational entrepreneurialism, foresight, and innovative thinking experience necessary for strategic plan execution.
• Ability to manage and complete complex projects with multi-month timelines and competing priorities.
• Demonstrated experience building cohesive teams
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to assess organizational, team, and individual needs and to assist in identifying and recommending appropriate action plans to meet those needs.
• Ability to engage and motivate staff, volunteers, and board members.
• Works regularly with highly confidential information. Utmost discretion and integrity are required for the job.
How to Apply
To learn more and apply for this job, visit our website at: https://www.dempseycenter.org/careers/
All applicants must apply through the Dempsey Center website using our web application in order to be considered.